Thank you so much for your help. These are some of the meals that my family loves to eat and meet their dietary restrictions for them. Don't feel like you have to stick to the list below but this will hopefully provide some direction if you want to know what we eat.
- 2 lbs ground meat
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce (no-sugar added; or, *pizza sauce)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 doonk THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (optional)
- 20 oz frozen spinach (chopped and thawed)
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 14 oz 1% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz part skim mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (for sprinkling over top)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Brown the meat in a large skillet over high heat, then drain off any excess fat if necessary. Add the sauce and seasonings, and simmer over low heat for several minutes.
- Put the spinach in a colander and squeeze and push to get all the liquid out.
- Put the cream cheese, cottage cheese, and eggs in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Layer half the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9 × 13-inch baking dish. Top with half the cheese mixture, then layer on half the spinach. Follow with half the grated mozzarella. Repeat the layers, ending with the mozzarella. Top with a good sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Quick Cajun Dirty Rice
- 1 package beef sausage, or sausage of your choice
- ½ cup diced bell pepper (I prefer the milder red or yellow)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 cans red beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dry parsley
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cut sausage into rounds.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, brown sausage rounds, stirring and flipping.
- As they cook down, add ground meat if using, and brown with the sausage.
- While meat is browning, dice veggies. Add to pot once your meat is cooked.
- Saute veggies and meat until veggies are cooked and just tender.
- Add beans, rice, broth and spices.
- Stir to combine, and heat to serving temp.
- 2 lbs ground turkey (*96-99% lean ground meat) (or, chicken breast)
- 3 cups Seasoning Blend: onion, celery, green pepper (frozen, diced) (or, 2 large onions & 3 bell peppers)
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked) (or, uncooked instant brown rice)
- 29 oz diced tomatoes ( 2-14.5 oz cans) (or, 3-10 oz Rotel-style)
- 15 oz pinto beans (1-15 oz can) (or, bean of choice: black, kidney, pink, etc.)
- 14.5 oz corn (1-14.5 oz can, drained) (or, 1.5 cups frozen)
- 1.5 Tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp mineral salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- jalapeño pepper (s) (optional, sliced for garnish)
- Brown the meat in a large skillet. if the meat is not at least 96% fat free, rinse under very hot water after cooking, then return it to the skillet.
- Add the Seasoning Blend and stir until the peppers and onions start to tenderize (about 2 minutes)
- If you are using parboiled rice, add both the rice and the water, stir, cover the pan, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (including the cooked rice, if you are using that) and continue to heat, stirring, until all is cooked and the rice is no longer crunchy.